The Army

The Army

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Few Days In


    I am absolutely loving the online group of women as we read through the Bible together. I've read ahead some and I'm up to Chapter 21 of Genesis. I'm afraid once school starts I'll slip behind so reading ahead, then taking time to review when I'm buried in school work might be helpful in the coming weeks.
    One thing in reading this week that caught my attention, was the detailed account of Noah's descendants, their languages, the nations & land that they covered. (ch. 10) And in Chapter 11 there is the account of the Tower of Babel where the nations were dispersed and languages separated. This had me seriously thinking about the order that this was written. I had to ask (the group & my pastor) and got very helpful responses.
For one the details in the history & genealogies in Chapter 10 help clarify history versus myth. And having them listed prior to the Tower of Babel is similar to "listing the presidents, then going back and talking about Kennedy" (thanks to Tricia), filling in the details after the overview.
Our online group also discussed the ages of those listed in the readings and Tricia also posted this helpful link that I found to be a neat visual. Patriarchs in Genesis, also gives an "overlap" of when everyone lived.

I haven't read much other than this the last couple days, have been trying to maintain a somewhat "clean" house with the kids still home. Almost ridiculous. The only productive thing I managed was washing all the antique Mason jars so I can start organizing the kitchen & bathrooms.  Looking forward to ordering next semester's books tomorrow and praying that the kids' school is on with the below 0 temps & questionable snow totals we're expecting. Tomorrow's book advance will also get some basic bills paid & my savings started.
                      We've had a good break of sleeping in, playing, and generally doing nothing.
Jon as Norwhal

For one of T-roo's teachers

Jojo prefers alternate play

Rainbow looms...constantly

Jon sleeping until 1pm. Schedule re-adjustment in our near future

Sitting on a block of ice after seeing Frozen at Newport on the Levee

T-roo with the guinea pigs that her & Jojo got on Christmas Eve.
Sophie & Butterscotch joined the family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment