The Army

The Army

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Recovery & Catch Up

Well it turns out I didn't have the flu, but bronchitis. It was awful. Luckily, I only get sick like that about once every two years. I'm going to become a hermit in 2016 in preparation. I finally made it to a doctor and was put on 4 prescriptions. I'm finally feeling better and not in danger of losing a lung every time I cough now.

I've managed to stay current with my Bible reading. I'm still not good at reading "every day" but get into the chapter and read ahead so I'm doing each week in 2-3 chunks. I hate the feeling that to be a "good" Christian I've always felt the pressure to ascribe to doing things a certain way (reading daily) and since I've only been a Christian with small children I feel like I really need to let go of it. God isn't grading me on my reading assignments. I do spend a significant time each day in prayer and some days with an open Bible.

I'm currently behind on my savings goal, which between Christmas break, snow days & messed up cleaning appointments I've been very lucky to keep bills current. Which brings me to the point of why I've never had a savings before and it's so important to me. I'm looking to catch up January in a chunk with my school money, setting aside what I would have weekly. It just makes me look back and see God's provision as always being enough- never more, never less, sometimes down to the wire, but never less.

The kids and I used our gift card money to go see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 yesterday since they were off school for MLK day. We all enjoyed it and the kids declared it was one we needed to own. I've promised the boys & Alex that we'll go see the Lego Movie on 2/7 when it comes out and they are really looking forward to it.

I've got a bag sitting in my bedroom of closet rejects that I need to get out of the house with maybe 30 things in it so far. I also threw away somethings from the kids room when I was feeling better and realized the extent of the damage left by 3 partially supervised kids while I was near death with the bronchitis.

I'm really enjoying the cross-over with my classes so far this semester. Having Criminal Behavior (psych class) and Criminal Justice 101 is a good combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment