The Army

The Army

Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Flu...

I am so lucky in the fact that I typically only get really laid low about every other year. But when I do it's bad. So so bad.
This all started Sunday night with a fever and it has morphed and multiplied. My main concern now I think I have an ear infection in my right ear. As usual, I don't think I'll be making it to the doctor (don't have one yet) and no insurance (yet). So I've barely been out of bed since Sunday, except yesterday when I thought I was recovered, only to be thrown under the bus by my own optimism by bedtime.

All that being said, I haven't read or done anything productive this week. I really need to start with laundry and feeding the kids. Luckily, none of them have been hit with this. Trinnie is currently unloading the dishwasher for the first time. Because it's that desperate up in here...almost as bad as Tuesday right before the kids went back to school on Wednesday when Jon came in and told me, "Mom, it's like the Hunger Games up in here, Jonah is trying to kill me." Thankfully that crisis has been adverted and the flu is on it's way out too...I hope.

One great thing that happened, which was totally out of my hands was the smaller group listings for the Bible read through group was published and the women in Group 10 and I were able to connect over the past few days. They are an amazing bunch and I'm glad to be teamed up with them.

Shirley, Denise....2 Canadian women. Denise is a single mom. Betsy in Florida and LeAnn from Alabama who has been nice enough to share a little red dirt love with me. And Melissa from North Carolina.

I was very fortunate to catch up with a friend over the phone this afternoon in between naps. She always seems to give me such a different perspective or a smack. Always what I need in either case.

I'm just hoping and praying I can make it to my cleaning job tomorrow. I desperately need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment